Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The rental market in NYC is tough, and I'm very picky and sensitive to my surroundings. I looked long and hard for this gem. I literally prayed for it! I instantly fell in love with my small apartment when I saw all the windows. I get tons of fresh air and sunlight. I even have windows in my bathroom and kitchen - what a luxury in a small space! I also have a beautiful marble backsplash and counters in the kitchen, and stunning hardwood floors. It is located in a restored Art Deco building in a prime area of the Upper East Side. I have never been happier in a space - it is just right.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Creating separate areas for primping, sleeping, eating and entertaining while still feeling spacious. I like to call my style Hollywood Regency. I used dramatic faux striped taffeta curtains to separate my spaces.
2. I switched out boring light fixtures for cool modern mini chandeliers, an inexpensive way to add bling to the room.
3. All of the lights are on dimmers. This truly adds ambiance and style, especially with the chandeliers, which I sourced at Overstock.com for around $100 each! I hope you have enjoyed my beautiful gem!
See all entries