I've been dreading/looking forward to this weekend for the whole Style Cure (actually, more like a whole year). The process of painting is time consuming and exhausting, but the transformation can't be beat. This is how the jewel box room looked after the first coat... check it out after two more!
Although my room is small, I knew I had to commit to a full few days since Passion Plum is a dark color, and all the trim was badly in need of a refresh. It took 3 full coats and some touch ups, but I'm pretty thrilled with the results! It was well worth the sore back the next day.
I used Glidden Bright White high gloss trim & door paint on the windows and moldings, and as you can see from the outside of the door, the rest of my apartment really needs a coat of it, too.
And why yes, you DO see a fluffy rug on the floor. It's in there a little early so that I can assemble furniture without scratching it or the hardwood.
Since the hard labor is mostly done, I rewarded myself with a type of painting I enjoy:
The next time you see this room, it'll be the after photos! Are you excited about the finale of the Style Cure next week?
MORE OF TARA'S STYLE CURE:
• Tara's Project Progress: Sewing Practice & Fabric Reveal
• Tara's Shopping Trip: It's Time to Stock Up On Paint Supplies!
• Tara's Project Research: DIY Curtain Overload
• Tara's Paint & Pairing: Passion Plum & DIY Curtains
• Tara's Floor Plan: Digital & Analog
• Tara's Before Photos: My Room is an Oversized Outbox!
• Tara's Treasure Hunt: My Purple Period
• Tara's Interview: Quirky Meets Classic Glam
(Images: Tara Bellucci)