It takes a real Apartment Therapy fan to appreciate the Starz hit series Outlander. We've been hooked on this series since Claire went shopping for a blue vase at the start of the first season. Now we're counting down the days for the best eye-candy to come back to Starz on April 9th. Ready to throw your own Outlander-inspired dinner party? We've come up with two party decor moodboards, building on last season's rustic farm tables in the Scottish Highlands and this season's dreamy Parisians spreads. You're formally invited – which 18th-century dinner party invitation would you accept?
For anyone who hasn't yet seen this stylish show, it's an adaptation of Diana Gabaldon's historical time-travel novels. Last season created a fashion craze around rustic linens and highlander plaids, set in the Jacobite Scottish highlands. It sparked our love for tartans, thistles and long wooden farm tables. This season promises to push us towards romantic rose golds, ivories and jewel tones. This time, the series travels to 18th-century Paris, where there’s eyefuls of lavish tables set with taper candles. Whichever look you're leaning towards, we've got a party-planning moodboard for you.
Season 1: A Scottish Highlands Dinner Party
- Rob Roys (here's the recipe for this classic cocktail)
- A long wooden farm table
- Thistle flower arrangements
- A handwoven rattan table runner
- Brass horse napkin rings
- Luxe natural linen napkins
- DIY garlands to decorate the doorways
- A Scot-style photo booth
- Photo props: plaid kilts, whiskey flasks and a Jamie curly locks wig
Season 2: A Dreamy Parisian Dinner Party
- Champagne Cocktails (here's the recipe)
- Blush pink roses
- Shimmering gold flatware
- Ivory table linens with lace overlays
- Strings of pearls on wire garlands with fairy lights
- Silver or brass candlesticks with tapers
- Dramatic dimmers or dark walls
- Tarte Aux Pommes for dessert
Ready to start planning your Outlander premiere party? Cheers to the new season with this Outlander-inspired cocktail menu!
Check out the trailer for Season Two: