If you want to learn about the inspiring and downright jucy tales behind some of the most successful tech companies of the 21st century, here are ten books to add to your e-reader.
Each of these books is full of business advice, reflection, strategies and a whole lot of history. But even if you're not in the tech industry and could care less about Google vs. Apple or any of that nonsense, it's still great to get to know the philosphies and leaders behind the wesbites, software and devices that you use on a day-to-day basis.
Ranging from informative to inspiring to downright juicy, here are ten books written about the humble beginnings and masterful inner workings of some of the most popular tech companies today.
• Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com
• One Click: Jeff Bezos and the Rise of Amazon.com by Richard Brandt
• I'm Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59 by Douglas Edwards
• Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple's Success by Ken Segall
• By Invitation Only: How We Built Gilt and Changed the Way Millions Shop by
Alexis Maybank and Alexandra Wilkis Wilson
• Inside Apple: How America's Most Admired--and Secretive--Company Really Works by Adam Lashinsky
• In The Plex: How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives by Steven Levy