sleep is so important. We find that nights where we get a meager few hours set us up for days riddled with simple errors thanks to our wavering concentration. While it can be said that often our mobile devices are the reason we are awake, they can also help in the quest to vanquish insomnia. Here are five of our favorite apps that help us to sleep.
- Pzziz Sleep: Creates a new unique soundtrack for you to fit the time you selected that will lull you into a deep sleep. In addition to the iPhone app, Pzizz also has a software application for Mac and PC that creates audio soundtracks. Pzizz was a huge help in getting us to sleep after a long 14 hour flight and massive time zone changes. Once we started the app, the tossing and turning stopped and we were finally able to rest.
- Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson: This guided meditation app is intended to help you overcome insomnia and get to sleep. This app is part of the Andrew Johnson series of self help applications.
- Brainwave Tuner: Through the use of different wave patterns, this app can supposedly relax the body and mind and stimulate thought. Once tuned in, the brain will be closed into a quiet status and become calm, helping you to get to sleep. This app is available for a host of mobile platforms including the iPad, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
- Dreambot: This free app helps you to sleep by providing a variety of relaxing soundscapes.
- Insomnia Cure: This app features the unique hypnotic relaxation sleep program based on Max Kirsten's work with his many of his patients with sleep difficulties. This program is also designed to help shift workers and those who travel across time zones.