Whether you travel for work or play, there are so many small pieces of technology that can make the journey a bit more colorful and fun. Some of these items would also make a great last minute Father's Day gift for the tech-oriented dad.
1. You no longer have to be stranded with a dead battery on your iPhone or iPad thanks to the rechargeable Incase Portable Power 2500, $49.95.
2. If you aren't using your phone as an alarm clock, throw the Lexon flip alarm clock into your carryon and never miss a meeting. $55 from Flight 001
3. There are a lot of headphones out there, but the Urbanears Bagis model can't be beat for its color and function. The ear buds even snap together to help avoid tangling up in your bag. $34.95 from Urban Ears
4. For those international trips, this travel adapter connects to international wall sockets via USB cable for a reliable iPhone charge. $75 from Tumi.
5. Not necessarily electronic; however, technology and engineering have made the re-design of the classic Wayfarer sunglasses into a folding version possible. These are a surprising space saver in any carry-on. $155 from RayBan.
6. Never loose all of these small tech items with elastic band organizer Grid It for $24 from Flight 001.
7. This camera is not compact like a point and shoot, but that's what your phone is for. This camera is the best in-between when you want the flexibility of an SLR without the bulk of the lenses. Take photos that are better than your phone would take, too. Canon Powershot G16, $549
8. For those who solely want to rely on a camera phone, add a Carl Zeiss attachable lens from Sony for $449.
9. Bring the party with you with a portable bluetooth speaker, like this JBL Micro Wireless Speaker for $59.95.
10. Share movies and music with your travel companion using the Rockin Splitter from CB2 for $9.95.
11. Built to be sturdy and easy to find quickly in a bag with its bright fabric cable. Eastern Collective iphone cable, $25.95