1. Pixels XL This is a clever idea that allows you to make 8-bit style art with colorful magnetic tiles. Simply paint the surface of interest with an iron particle primer they sell and snap the magnetic tiles in place. This flexible application method allows you to remove, replace and rearrange the tiles any way you like. That big open wall you have in your space is practically begging for this. There's even a photoshop step-by-step provided so that you can turn your favorite picture into a Pixelated image and find out how many pixels you'll need for your project.
2. Monochrome Stormtrooper Here's a fresh take on how to show off your sci-fi passion. Take a Stormtrooper helmet or model kit and paint it in a monochrome color scheme to match your decor. Don't limit yourself to sci-fi, use this idea for whatever your interest may be. Model cars and planes, Comic Book or Anime figurines, or other sculptures of interest.
3. Modern Globe Just like the one in your old elementary school teacher's history class, except more sophisticated. We like this cool clear acrylic globe because clear items add style without cramping our clutter-free mystique. The metal rod running through it gives it a cool industrial edge as well.
4. Kasbah Mod Vintage Typewriter What's better than a beautiful, fully-functional, restored vintage typewriter? One that's plated in hot-rod chrome. Set this guy on your sideboard or display cabinet and rock it's world. Check Kasbah Mod for more vintage typewriters with sensational style.
5. Rocket Money Bank Continuing with the chrome theme, we really dig this sleek rocket (don't call me no piggy) bank.
6. Vintage Microscope Get that Sherlock Holmes look in your space with a vintage monolux microscope from Empiric Studio. Put an interesting item under the lens for added effect.
7. Test tubes and Holder More scientist than sleuth? Impress the Kaley Cuoco's or Jim Parson's of your world with this rugged test tube set with wooden holder. Leave them on your desk alone as a statement piece or add some function by using it as a unique pen/pencil holder or vase set. Fill with some interesting twiggy flowers like some yellow or craspedia billy balls to finish the look.
8. Schiit Valhalla Tube Amplifier Show off your audiophile prowess with a serious tube amplifier. The exposed vacuum tubes are glorious, and the sounds coming from this box will be too. It's what a Mac Mini would look like if Nikola Tesla designed it. A serious piece of audio hardware with some serious style points. You can't go wrong.
9. Timex Flip Clock The flip clock has timeless appeal, and this version exudes a steampunk freshness that we want.
10. Pop Quiz Clock Pop Quiz hotshot, you need a clock and want to show others that you're one of those left-brained types. What do you do? No, don't shoot the hostage. Just get this Pop Quiz clock and make your guests spend a few extra neurons to tell the time.
ATVideo of the Day