There's a lovely trend in vacation stays that really picked up steam a few years ago, and it's the notion of being surrounded by nature but still retaining a few creature comforts. We don't know if we'd call any of these nine places in the U.S. "glamping" trips (we imagine there'd still be potential bug run-ins at a least a few of these places), but they're certainly a little more luxurious than hiking in with your own tent and supplies. Spread out across the nation, there seems to be a yurt, tent or teepee option for whatever sort of landscape you're looking for. Where will you head to first?
1) The Resort at Paws Up — tent camping in Montana
2, 3) El Cosmico — tent and yurt camping in Marfa, Texas
4) Cedar House Inn & Yurts — yurt camping in Georgia
5) Dunton Hot Springs Hotel — teepee and cabin luxury camping in Colorado
6) Yurt Home and Gardens — yurt living in Hawaii
7) Frost Mountain Yurts — yurt camping in Maine
8) Oz Farm Cabins — yurt and dome camping in California
9) Wigwam Motel — "camping" in wigwam-shaped buildings in California
10) El Capitan Canyon — safari tent camping in California
Give us the teepee, luxury tent and yurt dirt: Are they fun? Worth the money? A try-it-once-but-never-again thing? Let us know!
MORE TENTS, TEEPEES AND YURTS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Tent Hotels
• Amazing Tents & Tipis
• Suburban Tipi
• Trailers, Yurts & Teepees at El Cosmico Lodging
• Luxury Camping: Dunton Hot Springs
• Roughing It: Tent Bedrooms
• 5 Yurt Escapes
Images: 1: The Resort at Paws Up website; 2, 3: El Cosmico website; 4: Cedar House Inn & Yurts website; 5: Dunton Hot Springs Hotel website; 6: Yurt Home and Gardens website; 7: Frost Mountain Yurts website; 8: Oz Farm Cabins website; 9: Wigwam Motel website and 10: El Capitan Canyon website.