If the idea of staying in a 5 star hotel for your next vacation sounds nice, but the thought of getting to rough it in a tent, teepee or yurt sounds magical, you might be interested in the list of places we've rounded up for you. The best part of these spots, besides the gorgeous natural surroundings, is you don't have to pack in your own accommodations!
There's a lovely trend in vacation stays that really picked up steam a few years ago, and it's the notion of being surrounded by nature but still retaining a few creature comforts. We don't know if we'd call any of these nine places in the U.S. "glamping" trips (we imagine there'd still be potential bug run-ins at a least a few of these places), but they're certainly a little more luxurious than hiking in with your own tent and supplies. Spread out across the nation, there seems to be a yurt, tent or teepee option for whatever sort of landscape you're looking for. Where will you head to first?
1) The Resort at Paws Up — tent camping in Montana
2, 3) El Cosmico — tent and yurt camping in Marfa, Texas
4) Cedar House Inn & Yurts — yurt camping in Georgia
5) Dunton Hot Springs Hotel — teepee and cabin luxury camping in Colorado
6) Yurt Home and Gardens — yurt living in Hawaii
7) Frost Mountain Yurts — yurt camping in Maine
8) Oz Farm Cabins — yurt and dome camping in California
9) Wigwam Motel — "camping" in wigwam-shaped buildings in California
10) El Capitan Canyon — safari tent camping in California
Give us the teepee, luxury tent and yurt dirt: Are they fun? Worth the money? A try-it-once-but-never-again thing? Let us know!
MORE TENTS, TEEPEES AND YURTS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Tent Hotels
• Amazing Tents & Tipis
• Suburban Tipi
• Trailers, Yurts & Teepees at El Cosmico Lodging
• Luxury Camping: Dunton Hot Springs
• Roughing It: Tent Bedrooms
• 5 Yurt Escapes
Images: 1: The Resort at Paws Up website; 2, 3: El Cosmico website; 4: Cedar House Inn & Yurts website; 5: Dunton Hot Springs Hotel website; 6: Yurt Home and Gardens website; 7: Frost Mountain Yurts website; 8: Oz Farm Cabins website; 9: Wigwam Motel website and 10: El Capitan Canyon website.