With a small space comes great responsibility...the responsibility of finding where to fit everything. Some decide to forgo owning a television completely, but even those living in the smallest spaces usually want a television for the occasional movie night, especially now that HDTV displays come in extremely flat form factors that allow installation in spaces where once no tube set dared to tread...
What better place to see how small space dwellers accommodate for sometimes big, sometimes small HDTV displays than from our recent Small Cool 2013 home contest?
Most often televisions appear where you expect them, wall mounted over a fireplace or sitting on a media shelf. But other times small space dwellers find creative ways to keep a TV where it's seemingly impossible considering space limitations, showing up in a kitchen, a tiny bedroom (above) or a home office (with computers increasingly assuming the dual role of television).
Here are a few of our favorite setups from this year's entries:
- Stacey's Sweet Small Space
- Kristopher's Totally Teeny-Tiny
- Martha's Always a Party
- Daniel's Style Experiment
- Caitlin's Treetop Daydreams
- Heather's All Her Own
- Jason's Luxe Factor
- Amanda's Secondhand Treasures
- Pam's Perfect Guest House
- Kirstin & Jeff's Casita Del Rio
- Stefan's 31st Floor Perch
- David & Graham's Just the Right Size
- Mark's Shanghai Style
- Sebastian's Multipurpose Space
- Carmen's Small Space in Singapore
(Images: as linked above)