I love this time of year because I actually really enjoy the thinking and planning behind finding the perfect gift for someone.This includes the often last minute host/hostess gift! Scented candles always pop up as an idea but I'm not really sure it is a good idea to give them as gifts because everyone has different ideas about what smells good or what they want their house to small like. A bottle of wine is (in my book anyway) always great to receive but if you want to go a step further, here are some suggestions.
• 2 Acts of Kindness Wine Jute Bags from Wisteria - $19 for 4
• 4 L. A. Burdick Chocolate Penguins $32. This New Hampshire based company just opened the most darling shop/patisserie at 5 East 20th St between 5th Ave and Broadway.
• 5 LEAF Olive Oil Dish from Lekker Home - $20
• 6 Eggling by Jun Inui at MoMA Design Store - $9. Eggling comes with a basil, mint or Petunia plant.
• 7 Roost Carved Wood Bottle Opener at Velocity Art and Design - $22 each.
• 8 Taylor Digital Measuring Cup and Scale - $35 from Amazon.com
• 9 Chinoiserie Coasters from ZGallerie - $10 for set of 4.
• 10 Glass Egg Ornaments Set of 4 from Sundance Catalog - $24.