This week we've invited AT LA contributor, Rebecca, to share ten of her favourite things around her stylish duplex apartment that she shares with her boyfriend, including a backyard entertaining areas that just cries out "perfect outdoor entertaining" spot. Photos and Rebecca's own words about her home below...
1) I love the outside of my little duplex that my boyfriend and I moved into last year. The greenery and stone walls make me happy.
2) I am always snapping pictures and love documenting where I've been, including the exteriors or environments. I made these galleries of vacations and adventures I had been on in the last few years and they are hanging in the bedroom. Everyday I am reminded of some of the special times and places I've experienced.
3) I finally have a backyard area to call my own and decided to create a little outdoor room to relax and entertain friends and family. And I decorated this space with a super tiny budget and am pretty happy with how it turned out.
4) I love how open our main room feels. I finally have a space where the walls don't feel so confining. I have most of furniture floating in the room with the vintage credenza (also a love of mine) anchoring the space. It feels really balanced and comfy in here.
5) All you renters out there can relate to this…laundry! I finally have laundry not just in the building but in our apartment!!! I love that I can do laundry at home anytime I want. This is a big change since we had to go to a laundromat in our old place. Let's just say I didn't love that.
6) I just love these little zebra ottomans. They are perfect for small spaces since they can be moved around to serve different purposes…ottoman, coffee table, chair. They now live near the new sofa bed in our office/guest room.
7) My Tord Boontje Midsummer shade simply makes me smile. It hangs in the hallway near the bedrooms and I pass by it all the time. So nice!
8) I spotted this vintage Mulhauser "Mr Chair" on Craigslist early last year and snapped it up for a great deal. The original sticker is on the bottom too!
9) The original molding in my apartment is gorgeous! The three tiers line the entire ceiling and add interest and texture to our main room. Love the style of these older buildings in Los Angeles.
10) I love the amazing natural light that fills the apartment throughout the entire day. And with the time change, light streams through all of the windows and I appreciate the warmth and color that extends throughout my space.
Have ten things you especially love and want to share with us and the Apartment Therapy community. Email us with your photos and descriptions to Apartment Therapy LA and we'll share the love.