Growing up, Terence Conran was one of my heroes. (Yes, I realize how odd that sounds. I guess I was destined to have this job!) Going through the original edition of The House Book was a favorite after school pastime and I still absolutely love the book. So, it was a treat when I got a press release this morning to find a list …
… of the Conran family choices for the design classics of the 20th century. The entire list consists of 54 pieces, chosen for an showcase called "Conran Classic" which will be shown at the London Conran Shops in Chelsea and Marylebone this Fall.
And the top ten on the list are:
1. Eames Lounger and Ottoman – Charles and Ray Eames
2. Supporto Office Chair – Fred Scott
3. Karuselli chair and Ottoman – Yrjo Kukkapuro (shown above, top right)
4. Bookworm bookcase and bookends – Ron Arad
5. Eiffel DSR chair – Charles and Ray Eames
6. ESU Storage Unit – Charles and Ray Eames (shown above, bottom left)
7. Floor Lamp – Mario Fortuny (shown above, bottom right)
8. Egg Chair and Footstool – Arne Jacobson
9. Oval table and 6 Tulip Chairs – Eero Saarinen
10. ES104 Lobby Chair - Charles and Ray Eames (shown above, top left)
MORE INFO: The Conran Shop UK
What would top your design classic list?