Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Houston, TX
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- My home is tiny but the layout is so well thought out that I never feel cramped. I call my apartment "the treehouse" because I'm up on the 4th floor with two balconies overlooking the Houston museum district. I have always preferred living in older buildings versus new, generic apartment complexes. My building was built in the early 1920's and was originally a single family house. It has many quirks but it is full of character. There is a shared courtyard on the ground floor where my neighbors have started a vegetable garden and a pack of wild cats roams freely.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- I moved back to Houston after graduate school, where I had a separate studio to create and thus acquire more stuff. Fitting boxes and boxes of photographs into my tiny apartment was a huge challenge. Luckily I snagged a flat file from work and added wheels. Now I just wish I had more wall space to hang all of the art that I have collected from friends and colleagues.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I am dreaming of a light grey couch that folds out into a bed for guests. And maybe a few more power tools for my many DIY projects.
See all entries