- Saskatoon Canada
- Inspiration for my palette:
- This was originally the dining room, and when we moved in, it was painted a very dull sage green. We wanted something warm and lively, and this wall colour was lovely with our dining furniture. A couple months in, we decided this space would actually work better as our living room. Suddenly my blue sofa and purple rug were in my (very bright) coral room, which I had never intended when we painted! I also happened to have a canvas that tied these colours all together - this room is a happy accident. It shouldn't work, but I swear it feels fantastic to sit here while my husband cooks supper. I can't wait until we install a wall of shelving where the very large painting is hanging out; then I'll get play with these colours all over again!
- Colors used in my room:
- "Funny Valentine" by Behr (a very pink coral), "Oxford White" by Benjamin Moore, and the lovely blue of our velvet sofa.
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Choose colours you love and follow your gut, despite what others may say. When I showed people the "Funny Valentine" paint chip, they looked at me sideways. Now, people comment on how much they love it, almost as soon as they enter the house.
- Funny Valentine
More posts in Room for Color 2012
ATVideo of the Day