- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- What I love about my minute 224-square-foot junior one-bedroom apartment is its absolutely charming character. Its handsome exposed brick walls and French doors emanate a certain kind of comfort, reminiscent of childhood days running around a field of flowers, and hot chocolate during a rainy day. Although I do not have access to a meadow or flower field, I still feel like I do... but hot cocoa on a rainy day is definitely always attainable! ;)
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Clutter easily accumulates and is somehow difficult to eliminate. If you find something you forgot about, you probably don't need it anymore. Donate it. An uncluttered home is definitely more inviting and relaxing. A home should be a sanctuary, not just a shelter.
2. In a storage challenged home, every nook and cranny is important. Utilize every space you find. Raised/elevated furniture is always ideal so you can utilize spaces underneath. Decorative storage boxes are not only appealing to look at, but very useful as well. If you can't get rid of stuff quickly, at least hide and conceal it.
3. A personal touch is definitely one of the keys to a successful living space. Some people tend to overdo it. If it gets confusing and overwhelming, just keep things uncomplicated, simple, and clean.
More posts in Small Cool 2014
ATVideo of the Day