Product: Sofa Bed
We're always on the lookout for good sleeper sofas to recommend to apartment dwellers, so when we had the chance last week to spend three nights trying out BoConcept's Sofa Bed, we were thrilled...
The sofa belonged to a friend in Boston who hosted me and my husband in her one-bedroom apartment. We both slept on the the couch, which folds out into a double bed. It was upholstered in a dark gray fabric, although the site currently lists color options as beige and dark brown.
I first saw this sofa in the store and was intrigued by the streamlined design, which hides two extra fold-out support legs within zippered compartments on the back of the couch. It doesn't take too much force to pop out the legs and fold down the hinged back into a platform-style bed. The design has no springs or bars, just an upholstered foam surface. A standard full sheet set fits snugly over the bed.
My husband and I agreed that it was one of the most comfortable sleeper sofas we've ever used. The modern design is simple and goes with a wide range of decor styles. My friend did mention that the hidden, zippered legs were hard to understand at first, since the sofa came without any instructions. Once you've figured it out, however, it's very easy to use.
• Under $1,000, it's more affordable than most sleeper sofas.
• It's easy to use and folds out simply and quickly.
• Very versatile: it converts from an armless sofa to a chaise-style couch to a bed.
• The streamlined design goes with lots of different decor styles.
• It offers a comfortable night's sleep.
• We felt a very slight slope on the side of the bed that folds down.
• The buttons on the tufting are a little uncomfortable.
For more information, click here.