All the voting and comments were incredibly helpful.
We like sharing the direction of the site with such great readers, and it also seems that there is some consensus around the following points:
1. The suggested tag lines are not so hot
2. "changing the world, one apartment at a time" seems to work for a lot of people
3. "Design Intervention" has a nice, edgy feeling to it, but might be a bit too much HGTV
Personally, we like the "changing the world..." choice with the alterations and feel that as much as nothing is perfect, this is pretty darn nice. We do have a manifesto (see below) and we do very much wish to tie interior design into better living in general. Feel free to add more comments here and we'll be deciding which way to go on Friday. MGR
Mission Statement 2.1
July 18, 2005
Helping people to make their apartments better places to live.
What We Believe
A calm, healthy, beautiful home is a necessary foundation for happiness and success in the world.
Creating this home doesn’t require large amounts of money or space. It requires inspiration, connection to resources and motivation to do something about it.
The basic elements of good home design can be learned and achieved by all.
Simplicity and luxury are not mutually exclusive.
What Our Goal Is
To connect people to the resources they need to redecorate their home while reducing their reliance on stuff.
What It Is
AT is a community hub that provides:
1. News (of what is going on in the home design world - ie. CNN)
2. Reviews (of stores, services and products - ie. Zagat)
3. Inspiration (opinions and essays - ie. Martha Stewart)
4. Interactive Community
a. house tours
b. daily questions answered
c. open threads
d. free classifieds
e. weekly surveys
f. monthly contests