Since this will be my last post on Apartment Therapy for a while, I thought I'd leave you with some parting gifts. Or at least some ideas for going away presents for the people in your life who may be moving on to new homes, new cities, or new life stages this summer.1. Hand embroidered city pillows from Uncommon Goods - $149
2. Finish Line Doormat by Fred & Friends at Amazon - $32
3. Limited edition "Houses" gallery tote designed by Creativity Explored artist Antonio Benjamin for CB2 - $7.95
4. Rockstar laundry bags from Odyssa - $29.99
5. The Keep Your House in Order journal from Black Ink Boston - $12
6. Statement luggage tags, passport covers, and travel accessories from Flight 001.
7. Custom letterpress stationery and notecards from South End-based Black Pearl Press .
8. Mama, Is it Summer Yet?, the newest book by paper-cut artist and illustrator Nikki McClure is a mother's poetic response to her son's simple query. Available from Buy Olympia - $16.00
Over the past eight months, I've shared some ideas for designing spaces that contain, cuddle, challenge, and inspire. Together, we laughed, praised, questioned, experimented, debated and disagreed. But in the process we contributed to a global conversation about what home means and how it shapes our lives. That's pretty cool, and I'm grateful to have been a part of it. As I prepare to move on to new adventures in architecture and design, I leave you with these words from one of Massachusetts moved beloved thinkers:
"The old coat that I wear is Concord; it is my morning robe and study gown, my working dress and suit of ceremony, and my nightgown after all. Cleave to the simplest ever: Home, home, home." — Thoreau