The In-Laws Are Coming! The In-Laws Are Coming! Are you ready for several days of family staying at your home? Follow our guide to ensure a smooth Turkey Day for you and your guests, from preparations to tech and tunes to turkey. At the very least, stock up the bar and let the in-fighting begin!
Prepare Your Place & Your Tech:
Make sure your home is ready for your guests and all their tech needs. Clean up, set up WiFi and guest accounts, and make sure there are plenty of plugs for extra phones to be charged.
- Decluttering Tech & the Home By Throwing a Party
- Naomi Neville's iHost: Thanksgiving (Apartment Therapy)
- 4 Tech Preparation Tips When Hosting Overnight Guests
- Do You Let Guests in On Your Wifi?
- Create Computer Guest Account For Visitors
- Do You Leave Remote Directions for Guests?
- How to Take Care of Your Guest's Computer Needs
- Hosting Guests? Make Sofa Outlets Easily Accessible
Tech Etiquette For Your Guests
It's your house, your rules, no matter what they say. Make sure your guests stay in check and please do enforce the "no phones at the dinner table" rule!
- Do You Make Guests Play By Your Tech Rules?
- Should Dinner Guests Check their Phones at the Door?
- "My Phone Is Off" Gear Lets Guests Know They're #1
Get The Tunes Ready
A party isn't a party without music (well, and alcohol, but we'll get to that later). Make sure there are some tunes on to help ease the awkwardness when you're struggling to make conversation with your SO's father.
NFL Thanksgiving Tradition
This year there are no less than three games playing throughout the day, so no matter what time dinner is you'll still get your football fix. Make sure your TV's ready for Green Bay vs. Detroit, Miami vs. Dallas, and San Francisco vs. Baltimore.
- Is the TV a Part of Your Thanksgiving Tradition?
- 5 Things You Should Check on Your HDTV Right Now
- The Buyer's Guide to HDTV Terminology
- HDTV Shopping: Navigating Nonsensical Selling Points
- How To Calibrate Your HDTV in Three Easy Steps
- HDTV: Worth the Cost of Professional Calibration?
Keep The Drinks Coming
Keep the drinks coming and the conversation will flow. Or tempers, but let's all pretend our in-laws are happy drunks!
- Outfit Your Wet Bar To Impress Your Guests
- Roundup: Coasters To Keep Your Drinks Sweat Free
- The Lush Life: The Technologist's Bartender
- Beer Glass Chilling Dishwashers, Welcome to the Future
- Underappreciated Home Tech: An Ode to the Kegerator