As the unofficial start to the holidays, Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the gift giving season. Whether you're just stopping by for a slice of pie with friends or going to a full-blown dinner party, unspoken etiquette requires a token of thanks from the guest to the host.
I love giving to my hosts and their families, and take great time and care in choosing something personal and heartfelt. Rather than the traditional candle or plant, I like to lean toward quirky class. See a few of my favorites below, and let us about know your own favorite ideas!
1. Adorable heirloom pumpkin tapers and placecard holders from Williams-Sonoma, 19.95 for a set of 4.
2. An elegant birch-cylinder wine case from CB2, $10.95
3. A baking book! Holiday Baking: New and Traditional Recipes for Wintertime Holidays by Sara Perry, from Chronicle Books, $18.95
4. A sweet selection of holiday macarons in chocolate mousseline or cool peppermint cream from Sucre. $27 for 15 pieces.
5. Sofia Coppola mini 4-can pack of Champagne (with straws!) from Francis Coppola Winery, $20
Images: As linked above.