If the amount of times I've spotted the IKEA PS cabinet on Apartment Therapy is any indicator, I know I'm not alone in my love of the locker-style storage unit. Unfortunately, the PS and other painted metal storage units are easily scuffed, with marks difficult to remove using regular household cleaners. However, I made a discovery and got my cabinet looking pristine again...
What You Need
• Isopropyl alcohol in wipe or liquid form
• Paper towels or other dry cloth
- Wipe down the surface with a dry paper towel.
- Use an isopropyl alcohol wipe or paper towel dampened with isopropyl alcohol to wipe the surface of the cabinet. Or better yet, make a premixed bottle.
- To remove scuff marks or nail polish, a small circular wiping motion works best.
- Due to the flammable nature of isopropyl alcohol do not clean your cabinet near an open flame.
- Complete the cleaning by wiping the cabinet down with water.
Before and after results.
(Images: Joelle Alcaidinho)