- Keep Aphids off houseplants. Wash off houseplants with tap water then dab the leaves with a cotton ball dipped in vodka. Do not use alcohol on delicate plants like African Violets.
- Shine chrome, glass and porcelain bathroom fixtures. Soak a soft, clean cloth with vodka and shine.
- Remove hairspray from mirrors. Soak a soft, clean cloth with vodka and wipe mirrors clean.
- Clean crystal and porcelain ornaments.
- Clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers by filling a spray bottle with vodka, then spraying the caulking. Wait 5 minutes, then wash clean. Bonus: the alcohol in the vodka actually kills mold and mildew.
- Clean a chandelier right where it hangs! Spray the chandelier with a solution of four teaspoons of vodka to one pint of water. Put down a cloth or plastic sheet to catch the drips.
- Remove stains by rubbing with a clean cloth soaked in vodka. Rinse thoroughly.
- Clean jewelry and cutlery. Soak it in vodka for five minutes, rinse and dry.
- Remove the glue left behind by stickers and labels. Rub the glue with a soft, clean cloth soaked in vodka.
- Use it to kill bees and wasps.
- To get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke, mix one part vodka to three parts water, spray and let dry.
- Clean tiles in the bathroom by spraying with vodka. Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse. Great for getting rid of soap scum.
[Image courtesy Elissa Wiehn, - Epicurious]