Technically the item we're showing up above isn't velcro. It's actually called 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fasteners
, a velcro-like product with Herculean fastening capabilities four times the tensile strength than normal velcro. For more everyday needs, we've compiled 20 of the best uses of velcro for the home, listed below the jump...
- Computer cord wrap
- Clothing iron cord wrap
- Secure wrapping paper from unrolling
- Bundle fishing poles, golf clubs
- Secure gate door to keep opened or closed
- Wrap electronic wires
- Floral or plant ties
- Use to hang temporary window coverings
- Hang and organize tool in the garage
- Secure flashlight to wall for emergencies.
- Hang smoke detector to wall or ceiling
- Hang battery operated lights in hallway or bathroom
- Attach remote control to TV or side table to keep handy
- Hang curtain valance*
Hang pictures *
- Secure cushions to outdoor furniture*
- Attach or secure window screens or dual screens for doorways*
- Attach shower radio to shower walls*
- Secure mail box to house*
- Secure bird house to home*
*these specific projects may require either the 3M Dual Lock tape or Velcro Extreme Tape for safe load capacity.