One of the very best parts of the Cure each January are the comment threads. This year is definitely no exception; you are all really creating a community and it's super fun. Just check out this comment by Dulcibella from today's assignment for a perfect example of how the Curers are making a little humor go a long way to help move the cleaning and organizing along:
1) Optimism - Day #5 What a great assignment! I'll tidy up these toys and get rid of the broken ones and the ones no one uses. My life will be immeasurably improved. Can't wait to get started.
2) Uncertainty - What am I going to do with all this stuff? I don't even know what half of it is. Do those little bright colored plastic blobs go with the fairy cupcake bakery or the action guys? How will I ever finish this?
2) Regret - Why didn't I find just one little drawer somewhere to tidy? Why did I put all this stuff on my dining room table , which now has to be emptied? I could be reading.
4) Despair - There is no sun. There is no joy or hope. I will never finish this project. Like Sisyphus, this is the stone I will push up the hill, forever.
5) The Big Rush - It's nearly dinnertime. I'll throw this stuff out/ keep this stuff/ buy a new container for that stuff/ donate the rest. Whew! I'm done.
6) Amnesia/ Self Congratulations - Hey that was fun! Everything is all organized now. What a great day I've had! Maybe I can do some more organizing tomorrow!
Thank you Dulcibella (and sorry for putting you through #4!)
For anyone who is interested, here is a link to all the Cure Assignments so far, and if you are ready to dive in and join the Cure community, you are welcome - just sign up below and you'll get your first assignment tomorrow morning...
It's Not Too Late! Join The January Cure:
(Image credits: Bethany Nauert)