When you think of your dream home — what words come to mind? Soaring ceilings, an amazing view, a large lot or vintage charm? According to a recent study, the most popular feature for the American dream home is energy efficiency. Surprised?According to a study conducted by Yahoo! Real Estate, green or energy efficient topped other sought-after features such as custom home, suburban home, beachfront, and the old dream home standby, traditional mansion. Here are some of the ways homeowners and renters from the study characterized a green dream home:
• Environmentally efficient appliances to conserve energy
• Home modifications that may include the addition of solar panels to offset other energy costs
• Small, environmentally friendly, very energy efficient
• Closer to public transportation, city services or their job
While we don't think we could confine our 'dream home' to a single word description, we'd definitely know that it would be low impact and environmentally friendly. Would you agree with study? What would describe your dream home?
• Read More: American Dream Homes Turn Green at Yahoo! Real Estate