If you're an National Public Radio listener, you're at least aware, if not big fans of those goofy brothers Click 'n Clack who host Car Talk, the call-in advice radio show about auto problems. Well, did you know there's a similar show out there for those of us with home appliance questions, a radio and online streaming radio show called The Appliance Repair Show with John Sowden?
Host John Sowden of RepairClinic.com offers free appliance repair and troubleshooting advice from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. ET on News/Talk 760 WJR radio, with advice on a wide range of home appliance problems like how to repair your washing machine to how to calibrate your oven. The Appliance Repair Show is an informative PR extension of RepairClinic.com, as he uses their database of parts and how-to information to answer questions when possible, so you don't even have to necessarily call in to find your answer. The site's PartDetective includes photos of nearly every common major home appliance part for easier identification.
Here's a list of recent questions answered on the show:
- Whirlpool Washing Machine, Model LA5200XTF0, Leaking Oil
- 2000 Refrigerator Not Cooling Properly
- 2000 Maytag Dryer Squeaking at Start Up
- Whirlpool Gas Range, Model SF387LEGN3, Smells of Gas and Will Not Ignite
- 2007 Whirlpool Duet Front Loading Washing Machine, Model WFW9200SQ00, Putting Oil Spots On Clothing and Noisy
- GE Electric Range With Stains on the Inner Door Glass
- 1999 Magic Chef Top Mount Refrigerator, Model RB213AFM, Leaking From the Door
- 2002 Stackable Asko Dryer Drum Not Turning
- Whirlpool Window Air Conditioner, Model AC1002XS0, with Broken Selector Switch
- Maytag Electric Range, Model MER5730AAW, Not Heating Properly
And to call in yourself: Repairclinic.com Call Center: 1-888-34-FIXIT (1-888-343-4948). Open 8:00AM to Midnight EST Seven Days a Week