We've all lied about something one time or the other, and once in a while we even feel bad about it. But white lies can serve a purpose too, and technology makes it easier than ever. Read on as we highlight the etiquette, techniques, ideas, and products to help us in keeping it real fake.
We use technology to protect our loved
iPads ones, our homes and our identities. Sometimes we use them to get out of awkward or uncomfortable situations. We use them in design and marketing, as well as to save a buck on brand name products. We also hide our unsightly wires and tech. There's no end to man's capability for deception, is there?
Faking it to get out of an awkward or impromptu situation
- Is it OK to Communifake?: The Rules of 'Faking It
- How to... Fake a Phone Call
- Sites that Help You Get Out of Awkward Get-Togethers
- Cover Up Awkward Bathroom Sounds with Your iPhone
- Tech Etiquette: Faking a Phone Call
- How to: Fake a "Clean" Home Office
Faking it for the sake of home safety
- Fake Security Camera from Urban Outfitters
- Fake TV: The Home Equivalent of 'The Club'
- Build Your Own Security Camera Lamp
- DIY: Stealth Swann Security System, Part 1
- "See Me TV" Security Cam Mirror
Faking it for the sake of online security
- Fake Answer Security Questions for Safer Online Browsing
- Tips & Tricks to Stop the Spam and Junk Mail
- Gmail Trick Can Help You Beat Spam
Faking it for gadget security
- The TwelveSouth BookBook for iPad
- This is a MacBook Air in Disguise
- David's DIY DODOcase: The Old Book Case for iPad
Faking it with knockoffs and lookalike tech
- Apartment Therapy Design Evenings (7/27) - Knockoffs: Flattery or Theft??
- Survey: Would You Buy Fake Electronics?
- iPhone Pretending NotePod
- How to Build a PC That Looks Like a Mac
Faking it to hide unsightly messes and tech
- Vase Router Does More for Shelves than Sit Behind DVDs
- 10 More Ways to Hide TVs
- Hiding the Television Behind Artwork
- Inspiration: Hiding the TV
Faking it with ads, videos, and spoofs