You know the drill by now: weekends on the Cure means a nice big assignment with some extra time to get it done, resulting in a well-deserved, very virtuous feeling by the time Sunday evening rolls around. This weekend, we'll all be focusing on the bedroom, which, once you are done with the cleaning checklist below, will not only look better, it really will be a healthier, more restful place to sleep. Work hard for a few hours, and snooze more happily as your reward! Let's get this done...
This Weekend's Assignments
Pick up your weekly flowers(or show your plants a little love!). Everyone deserves these beautiful blooms for sticking to the Cure, even if you have some catching up to do - you'll get there, just jump back in on this weekend's bedroom cleaning project and then play catch up with the other stuff later. We're more than halfway through and you can do this!
Give your bedroom a good, deep clean.This should be a very thorough job. The aim is to rid the room of as much dust and potential allergens as possible. Here is a sample guideline deep clean plan that you can use as a checklist:
- Pick up and put away all clothes, books and belongings
- Declutter surfaces (remove change, jewelry, etc and put in proper places) Strip the bed
- Launder all bedding, including mattress and pillow covers
- Flip and/or rotate the mattress
- Vacuum curtains with brush attachment and/or clean blinds
- Clean windows and mirrors
- Dust all surfaces and wipe down light switches, fixtures and ceiling fan
- Push aside the bed, side tables and dressers and vacuum/clean under them Remake the bed
- Enjoy a sound sleep in your freshly cleaned room!
And, of course, we'll all be around this weekend in the comment thread, so check in and let us know how the bedroom is coming along, as well as progress reports on catch up work or Cure projects.