Tomorrow is moving day for us, and we've spent the last few weeks preparing and packing. The packing part seems never-ending, but there are a few upshots to the whole process...
Best Parts of Packing:
• Taking inventory of all that we own.
• Remembering the stories attached to objects.
• Spending time with my husband, even if it's not the most fun time.
• Appreciating what we own.
• Getting rid of what we don't want or need.
• Listening to old CDs we found in a shoebox.
• Locating a lost receipt we thought we'd never find.
Worst Parts of Packing:
• Getting everything done while working and dealing with daily life.
• Stressing about whether or not we'll get everything done.
• Realizing that, despite our best efforts to pare down, we still have too much stuff.
• Tripping over boxes on our way to the bathroom.
• Eating take out because our cooking supplies are packed.
• Misplacing the phone charger and dealing with a dead cell phone.
• Feeling like we'll never finish.