One thing we disliked about magazines, however, is how they managed to accumulate in our apartment. Thankfully, those days are in the past with many of our favorite magazines beginning to release digital versions of their offerings, built specifically for the iPad and its functionality. So not only are you getting the same content you would in the magazine, but in many cases, it is improved. After the jump are some of the best apps we’ve worked with as well as their unique characteristics which help make them a viable competitor in the digital age...
- “Browse” mode which removes text so you can enjoy the photos and illustrations, unobstructed
- Bookmarked pages, find exactly what you’re looking for later on
- Download magazines permanently. Perfect for offline reading
- Phenomenal interactive qualities
- Distinct browsing capabilities to help navigate the page
- Content unique specifically to the digital version
- Social Networking capabilities
- Advertising enhancements
- The video says it all, really.
If you're looking for an abundance of magazines to tote around on your iPad, the Zinio app is an excellent way to collect digital versions. Obviously they're not all as uniquely customized as the above mentioned apps, but it is a great resource for someone looking for a magazine that has not yet developed a full-fledged app.