1. IKEA Brada Stand: This stand was originally hacked to serve a 4-year old. It uses an IKEA Brada laptop stand as a base. It needs a few slight modifications, but all in all, for $2.49 and a bit of elbow grease, it's not bad.
2. Kid-made iPad Stand: If you thought that hacking was reserved for adults, then you'd be totally wrong, as this stand was hacked by a kid. This means that you'll also be able to put this together.
3. The Wooden Stand: If you're handy with wood, then you can make yourself this ingenious little stand. It basically involves creating an slanted groove in a piece of wood. This will serve to prop up your tablet.
4. IKEAPad Stand: A 4-dollar IKEA Ekby Valter bracket is enough to prop up your tablet in style. The resulting stand looks a bit like an easel.
5. The 0.69 iPad Stand: If your tablet is light enough, and is not too wide, then a business card holder might just be the right thing to work as a cheap stand. MORE Go Retro with These Stands Make a Laptop Stand out of a Coat Hanger 5 Low Cost iPad Stands