While some people have decide to completely opt out of the whole tablet phenomenon, there are a lot of these devices popping up almost everywhere, meaning that sensible DIY stands have become necessary. Most of these can be assembled without much effort and they look pretty good, especially since you only spend a few bucks on these.
1. IKEA Brada Stand: This stand was originally hacked to serve a 4-year old. It uses an IKEA Brada laptop stand as a base. It needs a few slight modifications, but all in all, for $2.49 and a bit of elbow grease, it's not bad.
2. Kid-made iPad Stand: If you thought that hacking was reserved for adults, then you'd be totally wrong, as this stand was hacked by a kid. This means that you'll also be able to put this together.
3. The Wooden Stand: If you're handy with wood, then you can make yourself this ingenious little stand. It basically involves creating an slanted groove in a piece of wood. This will serve to prop up your tablet.
4. IKEAPad Stand: A 4-dollar IKEA Ekby Valter bracket is enough to prop up your tablet in style. The resulting stand looks a bit like an easel.
5. The 0.69 iPad Stand: If your tablet is light enough, and is not too wide, then a business card holder might just be the right thing to work as a cheap stand.