Throughout the year, people let us into their homes and allow us to showcase their inspirational and droolworthy spaces. Not only do we get to peek into these creative homes, but we also get a glimpse into the owners' creative minds. A lot of tours are decorated with handmade pieces created by their inhabitants. Let's take a look at some of the best handmade homes we've seen this year.
1. Branch Curtain Rods and Re-Upholstered Couch from Elizabeth's Urban Artist Retreat
2. DIY Pulley and Mason Jar Chandelier from A Peek Into Sibylle's DIY "Funkytime" Home
3. DIY Fabric Curtain Roll-Ups from Shelley & Reed's Creative Cottage
4. DIY Architecture Art from Scott's Modern Heritage in Ottawa
5. Hand Built Colorful Console from Matt & Betsy's Color-Inspired Coach House
6. Laser-cut Credenza from Eve & Skylar's Everything Handmade Apartment
7. DIY Plank Walls from Two Architects Create Their Own Home in a 1909 House
8. Hand Built Butcher Block Table from Chris's Sunny & Small Student Apartment in Ann Arbor
9. DIY Wood Slice Wall Art from Liv, Jeff and the Friendly Yeti Sharing a Home
10. DIY Pixelated Painting from Kevin & Dop's Playful Uptown Loft
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)