Maxwell's in Brazil right now (follow his twitter feed for updates) and until he posts pics on the site, we thought we'd tide ourselves over with a look back at some amazing Brazilian homes. This is a country that's never short on style. They've got Oscar Niemeyer, samba, and amazing beaches just for starters…
Well-known for its modern architecture (especially in Rio and São Paulo), Brazil has the advantage of amazing scenery. The landscape is gorgeous, which makes the job of a modern architect a little easier — just put the focus on the views.
Anyone who's ever seen photos from a Rio parade knows that bright color is also big in Brazil, and many designers and architects have found ways to integrate the blues, greens, and earth tones of the landscape into the design of homes. For a few of our favorites, click through the links below.
Home with a GalleryGallery with a Home from ArchDaily
- Oscar Niemeyer Redux: Loft Renovation in Brazil from ArchDaily
- Modern Swiss Family Robinson Home from ArchDaily
- Casa Mirante do Horto by Flavio Castro in São Paulo from Dezeen
- Coisas da Doris Shop in São Paulo via Belle Maison
- House by Marcio Kogan Architects in Paraty via Contemporist
- Marcella's Cozy Collections in São Paulo from Small Cool 2010
- Flavia and Rodrigo's Simpático Space in Rio de Janeiro from our house tour archives
- Uxua Casa Hotel in Trancoso
- Novo Casa by Sixx Design in Trancoso