As you plan a budget for 2010, you might be able to save a little cash by buying big purchases during these usually discounted seasons:
- Air conditioners and grills are cheap all winter.
- Digital cameras hit lows around January.
- Spring is a good time to shop for a television.
- April, August and September are good months for laptop sales, while Consumer Reports claims January, July and October are good for desktops.
- April and May are good times to snatch that expensive vacuum at a discount.
- Lawn mowers see sales at the end of summer (September).
- September and October are the months to snatch up big appliances.
- Between the middle of November and the end of January is the time to score some HDTV and home theater equipment on the cheap.