We've all collected one thing or another at some point in our lives (well maybe minimalists). One of the biggest challenges is how to display those prized collections, especially if they're of the tech variety. No one wants to search high and low for something only to throw it in a drawer and forget about it.Over on Apartment Therapy it's collections and arts & craft's month. We've been talking a lot about how to display collectibles in unique and interesting ways — we're feeling pretty inspired. We know that some people have tech collections and those are just as important to display in different ways.
• Flickr Finds: David Poe's Vintage Camera Collection is a perfect example of a successful vintage camera collection. The bodies on vintage cameras are so great and architectural that they're practically begging to be put on display. Because of that, it's pretty simple — line them up evenly on a shelf, stack them or even frame them. Simple is best with vintage camera collections.
• Gone IKEA Crazy: Johan's Ultimate Home Theater Hack
is one of the greatest and largest DVD collections we've seen. Displaying DVD collections can be extremely difficult because, well, they just aren't so pretty. The collection can look dull and boring from afar — so it's extremely important to get creative. Think library, if you have built-ins in your home those will serve as a great display for a DVD collection.
• 5 Ways To Display Your Camera Collection
is an extremely useful resource for displaying vintage cameras. But, the reason we're listing it as a resource for displaying all types of collections is because there's actually two collections pictured. Don't be afraid to mix and match your collections — especially if they compliment one another.
• How To: Make Your Own Record Collection Storage Unit
and love it! Making your own furniture (& any DIY project, really) is so thrilling and exciting. It's even better when they turn out to be resourceful projects that really serve a purpose. Credenzas were made to be utilitarian, so why not for tech? They're the perfect size for records and record players!
• The ULTIMATE Star Wars Themed Home
is literally filled to the brim with Star Wars paraphernalia. The reason why it's not completely
over the top is because the displays were done so elegantly. Clean lines and muted colors make the collections pop right out of their display cases. Each piece is evenly spaced — allowing the figures to come alive and really reveal themselves as art.
More successfully displayed tech collections:
• When Box Cameras go to Heaven
• Collection Boxes
• The Camera Collection
How do you display your tech collection?