Make do, or do without. But if you're going to make do, please try to make it at least a little bit attractive. You know, and efficient. Functional, even. Whatever you do, just don't do any of these lazy-rigged DIY home tech solutions from the always hilarious blog, There, I Fixed It.
There I Fixed It is a blog dedicated to the hilarious ways people try to rig up solutions to everyday problems. Not just any solutions, either. These are cheap solutions to potentially expensive problems.
Seems like a great idea in theory, right? And you've got to appreciate the ingenuity of each of these, let's say, creative DIY projects. But somehow, whether it's unsafe, unstable or just plain ugly, each one gets it wrong.
- A hand-held drill running a blender
- Easy clothespin caps lock
- Scissors + Hand Drill = Hand Mixer
- Less-than-sleek TV wall mount
- An international power adapter
- Central A/C done the cheap way
- Who needs headphones when you have two speakers and some tape?
- Customizable Universal Remote
- A TV stand fashioned from some string
- Sure looks like a flat-screen TV