The clean sophistication of black and white may be the classic combination, but there are lots of ways to add bold, black accents into bathroom decor. Black can be strong and striking or smoky and romantic, and a little goes a long way. Check out these ideas for adding some bold black beauty to embellish your bathroom (try saying that 5 times fast).
1. Black and white striped wall coverings, like this pattern featured in the home of architect Steven Learner, are a crisp, timeless choice for bathroom decor.
2. Black window treatments, like these Hunter Douglas Brilliance Pleated Shades create a tailored effect when paired against bright yellow walls.
3. Adding in a single black furniture piece, like this tall black cabinet from Restoration Hardware, is a nice way to add a bold visual.
4. I love the look of this vintage black-painted clawfoot tub against a colorful floral backdrop. Vintage clawfoot tubs are not an option for many of us, but a vintage black vanity or etagere could be equally striking.
5. A black shower curtain, like this pattern from City Scene, is a low-commitment way to try out black decor in your bathroom.
6. A black vanity, like this model from Devon & Devon, can work as a powerhouse of elegance.
7. A black bathroom mirror contrasted against blues and grays shows how black doesn't have to "match" in order to work.
8. Hanging up black framed prints is an easy way to create visual interest on bathroom walls. You can use a few choice prints or even create a black-framed gallery wall.
9. For more of a commitment, black stenciled walls can look great, especially when used to play up black tile or fixtures that may already be in place, such as in this example taken from a fabulous makeover featured on Design Sponge.
10. A black light fixture can work with almost any color combination.
(Images: 1.Elle Decor, 2. The Finishing Touch, 3. Restoration Hardware, 4. Todaloos, 5. Linens N Things, 6.Trendir, 7. Hazardous Design, 8. Sketch 42 via MMM Crafts, 9. Design Sponge, 10. Barnlight Electric)