Many of us put our computers in our bookshelves or hide them away in cabinets or wardrobes that close. Here's a new (to us) twist that actually merges the bookshelf and the computer. Love or hate the look, it's quite an interesting take on the combination of furniture and tech.
We've heard of uncommon spaces to tuck in computers before, but this is almost bordering on the ridiculous (in a fun way)! The Ontwerpen Cabinet Chair is a fun marriage of bookshelf and computer. While many of us might stick a computer monitor on our bookshelves and pull up a chair (or bookshelves with a desk built-in such as the Crate & Barrel Sloane leaning bookshelf/desk), Ontwerpen's design has the chair and monitor literally inset into the bookshelf.
What's your take on these crazy mergers of different furniture and tech? Crazy and ugly? It's definitely a fun direction for small space solutions. We'd love to see some other attempts at the implementation/design.
More on bookshelves as workspaces and hidden/integrated tech from the Unplggd archives
Bookshelf / computer combinations and transformations
- Turn a Bookshelf Into A Computer Desk (DIY Project)
- Converting a Bookshelf into a Mini-Study Workstation
- Using Bookshelves to Make a Computer Desk
Hiding away the computer
- The Hidden Cabinet Home Office Offers a Place For Everything
- The Best of Min & Max: Do You Hide or Showoff Your Tech?
- How to Turn Ikea Drawers into a CPU House
- Bookshelf By Day, Wicked Projection Theater By Night