The Cape Cod style house is a study in flexibility that starts with a very small, simple design. If you're on the market for a small home, chances are you've encountered more than a few Cape Cods. We love its archetypal style and we're wowed every time we see one brought up-to-date with a cool new twist:
These are a few examples of Cape Cod houses reinterpreted, providing inspiration for today's small-home-dweller who may be coming up with ways to work their own style into an old standard:
• 1 Built-in bookcases tucked under the sloping ceiling of a Cape Cod style house is nothing new. But the use of color in this room from Kristie's Thirties Tennessee Treasure is.
• 2 Bold black and white are brought into the unmistakable slanted-ceiling-ed and dormer-bestowed upper bedroom of Courtney & Andy's Cape Cod
• 3 Another typically-shaped, atypically decorated Cape Cod from Michael & Danijela's Modern Minimal Milwaukee Home
• 4 Only the red front door hints and what's within the unassuming exterior of Olivera & Seth's Technicolor Chaos Cape Cod.
• 5 Even if you aren't in a Cape Cod style house, introduce a little of its comfy familiarity with this bird cage from Stacks and Stacks.