First, there's the obvious benefit of cleaning. Barring an actual lottery win, a cleaning crew doesn't make financial sense for me right now, and the few hours a week I already spend cleaning up my teeny tiny space is more than enough.
Second, I really enjoy the design challenge of a small space. It keeps me from hoarding a bunch of stuff I don't need. I have no choice but to consider every piece that I buy and how it will fit into my space. I save money by not buying things to fill space, and there's an environmental advantage. I contribute less to the pollution and waste that goes into the production of furniture and textiles (smaller space, smaller footprint). It also makes moving way easier.
If you're a small space convert, whether out of necessity or preference, here are some of our best tips for small space lovers/likers.
- Small Space Solutions from Our Tours: Multi-Purpose Rooms that Work
- AT on: 10 Tips for Small Spaces
- Good Questions: How to Lay Out Space in a Teeny Tiny Studio?
- Small Space Solutions: Compact and Smart Home Workstations
- 10 Gifts for Small Space Dwellers
(Image: Theresa Gonzalez)