throw pillows, colorful accessories and painting the door jamb are easy ways of bringing color into your home.If you're looking at the entries for the Fall Colors contest, and thinking, "Yeah, they look great but I don't know if I can live with so much color," we can help. Whether your present place is completely neutral or you've just started experimenting with color, here are some ways to dip your toe in the blue (or green, yellow, orange, pink or purple) waters...
- Throw pillows can add exciting pops of color. Try one color. Add a second color. Or even a third.
- Try a colorful throw.
- Curtains can add a waterfall of color. They don't all have to match. Try analagous colors (next to each other on the color wheel) for a different look.
- Paint the inside of a bookshelf or arrange your books by color instead of author or subject.
- A colorful collection on your coffee table might be all the decoration you need. In an otherwise neutral room, it puts the focus on what's important to you.
- A colorful rug is a great way to add a wash of color. Since part of it will be hidden by furniture, and since it lies on the floor, and not on the walls, it's a way to add a big swatch of color in a relatively safe way.
- Nature, in the form of plants and flowers, is a lovely fresh way to add life and color to a space.
- Paint just the door...
- ...Or the door jamb.
- Painting just the molding, a different color in each room, brings a stark but still vibrant Mondrian-esque quality to a home.
[image: Maria's "Oh So You!" Bungalow]
ATVideo of the Day