It feels unfair to refer to a "copper trend", no matter how ubiquitous it might be on design websites at the moment: copper has been pretty and useful for a very, very long time! Here are a few things I would like to own for a long time to come..
- Ooh, copper cords! I love when a utilitarian element is pretty, even when it doesn't need to be. This copper cord set from West Elm will exponentially increase the attractiveness of any shade it joins forces with — and would actually look pretty great on its own.
- West Elm also carries this timeless twine holder — my twine use will be transformed! Check out the elegant transformation A Merry Mishap created, using only black paint.
- When I say I would like to own this $65 copper postcard from Catbird NYC, I mean I would like for someone to send it to me. My lifelong postcard budget probably won't add up to $65.
- If I ever have an outdoor space, I'm going to tackle this recycled wine bottle torch project from Design*Sponge, featuring copper hardware. You know I've got the empty wine bottles..
- Battery operated string lights have been on my winter wishlists for a few years, and this copper string version from Restoration Hardware is the best I've seen. It's pricy but perfect.
- Just imagine the fresh herbs I could gather from my imaginary garden with this beauty of a basket slung over my arm — I can smell them now. It's handmade of copper and myrtle, and is available from Terrain.
(All images as credited above.)