Kitchen Tea Towel Set as DIY Tote
San Francisco's gearing up for its first Target, which I expect will be mayhem but great for us nondrivers. In true SF indie fashion, the big shop is partnering up with little shops, like the Mission District's Curiosity Shoppe
, for limited-edition home collections. Here are a few of my favorite pieces from the Americana-inspired collection (available in all Targets Sept. 9) from Lauren and Derek, owners of Curiosity. Plus, a super-easy DIY using one of their (or your) tea towels. Enjoy!Curiosity Shoppe's Tea Towel Tote Bag
What You Need:
- 1 tea towel
- 1.5 yards of 1" cotton webbing
- Sewing Machine
- Fold tea towel in half, right sides together.
- Using a half-inch seam allowance, stitch up the sides of the towel, back-stitching at the beginning and end of each seam. Turn bag right side out.
- Cut the webbing in half to make the 2 straps.
- Pin the ends of each strap 1" down from the top of the bag and 3" in from sides, making sure they're not twisted.
- Attach the ends of each strap by stitching a square around the edges of the 1" tail of webbing, removing the pins as you go.
(Images: 1-3: Target, 4: Derek Fagerstrom)