I don't usually go for shaped pillows (or extra pillows at all), but I'm trying not to be so uptight these days. And yes, it was those birch pillows that got me. I need a mountain cabin just so I can make a big pile of log pillows to pile on the quilt-covered bed!
- The stuffed log kits, in either "birch" or just "log", are available from The Curiosity Shoppe on Valencia in San Francisco. So cute! They are $25, and you'll need to provide your own stuffing- a great chance to use still-luxurious down from pillows that are on their last legs.
- Speaking of luxury, the house pillow by Donna Wilson for ReForm School is made of 100% lambswool, knitted in Scotland, and stuffed with duck feathers. It would be fun to make your own to match your actual house...
- A pile of strawberry pillows is the spring-iest thing ever! I want to take them on a picnic in a meadow! It will need to stop raining for more than 20minutes first, though. The Purl Bee has super-detailed instructions for making strawberry pillows of your very own.
- Now we have the rock cushions by Ronel Jordaan. I love these in the same way I love her rock pincushions, but..bigger. How do you think they would look in an actual home? Her merino wool cushions range from $195-$1,195, so it would be great to figure how to make a homespun version. Has anyone attempted it?
- Once again, the Purl Bee is cranking out the spring cuteness, with a tutorial for little lambie pillows. They would make great non-candy additions to baskets this spring!