When trying to dress up your own boringly "meh" workspace, it pays to know that you're only ever one colorful tchotchke away from making the whole thing look contrived and cluttered. The "Simple" desk look is never as simple to obtain as it sounds. So what if we told you there's a simple formula that always results in a clean workspace?If you want to go after the minimalist desk look without diving off the simple board, right into a pool of boring, you just need to follow this one no-fail decorating formula:
Silver Gear + Natural Wood Desk Top = Minimalist Nirvana
Each of these Flickr Finds manages to capture the minimalist look without venturing into boring territory. We think the secret to keeping this interesting is matching up the manufactured tone of silver devices with the natural look of wood grain.
What do you think? Take a look at each of these spaces to see if you think they got it right:
- The top view of Brice Reul's workspace...
- Seen in its entirety in this Flickr shot. Despite being home to a MacBook Pro, external keyboard, Mighty Mouse, iPhone dock, external hard drive, Playstation 3, and an LG flat screen TV, it still manages to look clean.
- Otháner Kasiyas' space stays simple with a mix of Mac and PC products.
- Ben Adamson keeps it clean despite a bevy of peripherals and a turntable on his desktop.
- Jason Garber's bare standing desk keeps your attention with a textured brick wall and just a few personal accessories.