Glass-doored china cabinets and looming secretaries often seem more traditional than many of us think we prefer. When they're balanced with the right pieces, however, they actually look elegant and very pretty. These spaces show how they can be stylishly incorporated into your home, whether you have a vintage find or a family heirloom.
(Images: 1. Sarah Coffey for Apartment Therapy 2. House to Home 3. Ngoc Minh Ngo for House Beautiful 4. Skona Hem via Casa Sugar 5. Richard Powers via Interior Decoration 6. Carolyn Purnell for Apartment Therapy 7. House to Home 8. Emily Johnston Anderson for Apartment Therapy)
- A pretty family heirloom is the standout in Sarah and Steve's Attic Aerie House Tour.
- A distressed-wood secretary brings a bit of country chic to a dining room from House to Home.
- A gorgeous pink cabinet provides a dramatic backdrop in John Oetgen's home. Via House Beautiful.
- The glass doors on this cabinet have been cleverly replaced by chicken wire. Via Casa Sugar.
- A deep blue cabinet is a stunning focal point in this home in Copenhagen. Via Interior Decoration.
- A daffodil-colored cabinet in Timm & Zack's Rummage-Sale Retro House Tour.
- A traditional, sophisticated piece looks stunning in a white room. House to Home.
- A vintage find elegantly fills an awkward space in Emily and Jacob's Poetically Photographed Home.