Any fold-out design is favorable here at Unplggd, but nothing beats a good ol' fashioned floating... wait a second... nevermind! This non-traditional fold-out, while it appears much like a floating desk, is actually a cleverly crafted piece with enough hidden surface estate to be considered a dedicated office workstation, but easily tucks away when not in use.
Personally, my favorite element of this setup isn't just the fact that it's making great use of a small space, but the composition of the following:
- A B&W Unframed Photo Wall: Gives a sense of strong personalization without much effort.
- Nearby Footrest: Sitting comfortably under one of the faux floating shelves, this non-intrusive solution is great. Perhaps even something more of us should make use on days when we need to kick back and rest from staring at the screen for hours on end (guilty here).
- Nested Tech Within Shelving: Although one should always consider the fire hazards of doing such a thing, getting tech to squeeze into a tight space and have it fit perfectly always brings a smile to my face.
However, there's a few things I could probably do without:
- Ugly Dangling Cords: Details, people - it's all in the details! That uncontrolled lamp cord is one that's obviously been overlooked, so quick - someone get them some wire management!
- Wooden Seating: While it does look pretty, I can't imagine sitting in that wooden chair for more than an hour. If used as a daily work desk, an ergonomic chair is pretty much a necessity (we've done roundups in the past in case you need some options to choose from).
Digging the fold-out desk? Love the space? What's your take?