We're heading into our final few Cure assignments, but before we dive in, take a minute or two and think about the past few weeks. Reflect on how much you've gotten done and how your space has improved. Resist the temptation to focus on what didn't get done yet (even though we all seem to automatically go to the "should've" first) or what might be coming next. Just think about what did get manage to get done and allow yourself to really feel good about the effort you've put into making your home a nicer place to be. You really should be proud of finding the time and energy to keep on going with the Cure and I hope you'll agree that every little bit helps. And, then, with renewed gusto, one more time, let's get to it and knock out a good room cleanup over the weekend.
This time, we'll focus on the bathroom, so it's all about getting this super clean and shiny. It's a worthwhile job to do with gusto and can a bit of a workout, so if you are feeling a little pooped out (understandable, we've been busy!), reach out and use the group energy to rally a bit and push through the home stretch. You can get this room in good shape this weekend, with plenty of time to have some fun, too. And, remember: this time next week, we'll be done.
This Weekend's Assignments:
It's time to choose a little bunch of blooms to celebrate your ever-improving home.
Deep Clean the Bathroom
- Grab the towels that are out on hooks or bars, along with the shower curtain (if you have one) and throw them in the washing machine.
- Clear the counter, put everything in a box and transfer out of the bathroom temporarily.
- Put your cleaner in the toilet and let it sit while you...
- Clean the sink, scrub the tub and give the drains a good flush with vinegar followed by hot water.
- Clean the toilet.
- And, then, do a good overall clean of the counter, tiled walls and floor. You might want to try this nifty process, which I tried for the first time after reading about it in Real Simple: spray the counter and tiled walls with your favorite spray cleaner and turn the shower on HOT for a few minutes until it gets steamy. At that point, turn off the shower and close off the bathroom for 15 minutes or so to help make the cleaner more effective (it really works!). Come back and wipe things down with an absorbent cloth (a swiffer-y type mop can help you reach up high if needed). Dry everything well. Finish off the job by wiping the floor tile.
- Finally, shine up the mirror and replace the towels and countertop goodies.
Let us know in the comments where you are at and how it's going. If you're feeling good and energized, share your success stories below. If you are stuck and need a boost, speak up. Let's get this done and move on to other non-toilet-scrubbing-related weekend stuff!
Want to keep improving your home one step at a time after the Cure? Sign up now for our once-a-week Weekend Projects program, starting in February: