The first image is reminiscent of the haunting movie, The People Under the Stairs
. I'm glad I was too young to see that movie because I already have enough phobias. Moving past the horror film correlation, it's inspiring to see the usually dead space (no pun intended) under the stairs being utilized.
Images (From Left to Right):
- Bed Under Staircase: I have seen many staircase solutions, but nothing quite like a bed under the stairs. I can see the ad on Craigslist now, "Seeking roommate to live under the stairs."
- TV Under Staircase: This solution I actually quite enjoy for keeping the television hidden in the living room. Although, we are a little concerned that the TV viewpoint is a little low for extended periods of viewing.
- Wine Storage Under Staircase: Simply brilliant! The staircase in this home is across from the dining area, which makes the placement of the wine storage ideal and a beautiful visual interest.
- Half Bathroom Under Staircase: Utilizing the area for a half bathroom keeps it out of the way. We wouldn't say that we are completely sold on this idea, but we can appreciate the concept nonetheless.
- Bookcase Under Staircase: Probably one of the most common under stair solutions, the bookcase storage looks best when it is custom made and fits seamlessly under the lines of the stairs.
For more staircase solutions, check out our achieved post, Roundup: Best Staircase Storage Solutions.
(Images: Mochatini blog, Nicole Sassaman, Paper Dolls for Boys blog, Room Envy blog )